The value of money cannot be overstated. In a recent national survey, more than 96% of Americans agreed that early monetary savings would help an individual achieve a fruitful and stable life. Saving is a way of insulating the saver from the many symptoms of health and natural adversity, whereas an individual who does not subscribe to saving could very well be victimized by such occurrences.
While an average youth of yesteryear thinks more about short-term financial goals such as purchasing a new pair of signature shoes, owning a new jet ski or a brand new car, statistics show that more and more of today’s youth are starting to realize the importance of keeping a personal savings account.
Long terms goals are described as goals that have a lasting effect should a person’s current actions be steadfastly maintained. The following statements are meant to provide information and tips on how you can start up your money-saving gimmicks and ensure a happy and financially stable future, as well as a list of reasons why saving money should occupy a greater place in our list of priorities in life.
Reasons for saving
- Saving for your Future and Present Needs - Saving today will provide you with flexible financial resources in the future.
- Keeping at least 20% of your monthly earnings while using the other for your household, personal and unexpected expenses will surely play a big part in your pursuit for a stable future.
- Saving for an Investment Need - Savings can also be a source of your future capital for engaging in business enterprises.
- It will provide you more opportunity for venturing on your unexplored talents and earn you a huge potential in increasing your money exponentially.
- Saving for your Retirement – More than 23% of today’s elderly were shown to have failed in one instance in their lives, to save and strategically used their money for preparing their way to retirement. As a result, these folks extend their entire retirement career working on an equally satisfying job that pays them enough to cover their basic expenses.
Fulfill saving goals
- No matter how good our intentions and objectives for saving are, we should also take note that goals can fall and touched the following baselines or characteristics.
- Attainability – Goals should be something attainable and one which can be achieved without you doing something extraordinary or illegal. A little amount of patience and hard work are key.
- Consistency – Changing your goals from time to time due to incidents that may arise in the near future are sure ways to deterring your intention to save.
While we need to focus on the present incidents, we also need to take hold of our original intention and continue until you have gained enough leads to get it.